Mmm peanut butter cookies!
Preheat the oven to 175C/155C Fan/Gas 4 and line two flat baking sheets with greaseproof paper. Locate your cooling rack for being super prepared.
- 75g/2¾oz margarine
- 100g/3½oz golden caster sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 100g/3½oz plain flour
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g/3½oz crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g/1¾oz nuts (almonds or peanuts work well)
- Pinch of salt
- Cream together the margarine and the sugar with a wooden spoon until pale.
- Beat in the egg, a little of the flour (20g), the golden syrup and peanut butter.
- Stir in the remaining flour and the bicarbonate of soda.
- Finally stir through the peanuts.
- Put dessertspoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays. Leave plenty of space between them as the cookies will spread out during baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until a pleasing brown colour. Note that they will be quite soft, that’s OK.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 10 minutes on the trays then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.