What Am I Doing Now?
These are the things I’m currently doing:
Professionally I am…
- Developing my skills and capabilities as a bioinformatician
- Running existing pipelines in the clinical genetics laboratory where I work.
- Writing and validating a copy number variant calling pipeline which meets the standards for clinical use.
- Implementing viral sequencing protocols in collaboration with Public Health England.
- Completing the NHS Scientist Training Programme to qualify as a Clinical Scientist specialising in Bioinformatics (Genomics).
Outside work I am…
- Planning big bike rides for 2016
- Supporting my wife and our dog in their agility career
- Tinkering with various coding projects, such as ways to make lights flash on my Raspberry Pi.